Wednesday 9 April 2014

Mark Making On A Spring Day

Today in the studio I played around with the idea of mark making and ways of easily transferring them to my work surfaces instead of simply drawing them. Using ink on tissue paper, I cleared my mind and began painting different marks such as dashes, crosses, dots, hearts, flowers and whatever else came into my head. This way I have a ready stash of images and symbols to go to in the future. I also created some stamps using craft foam. I cut out different shapes and hot glued them to cardboard. Again, this is an easy way for me to be able to repeat a pattern in my work that is completely unique to me. Keep an eye out for use of these images in my future artwork!









What about you? How do you get marks and symbols into your artwork? Are there any symbols that are special to you?
Leave a comment and let me know, you know I love to hear from you all.
Have a great day everyone!

Ciara x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...