Friday 20 December 2013

Interview with artist {Melissa Burch}


Tell us a bit about yourself and what kind of art you do

 Rooted in West Chester, Ohio USA.  My art is strange.  I use everything in my environment.


How long have you been creating art?

I have created since I was created.

Where do you create?

My "studio space" otherwise known as my breakfast room is amazing because of the bay window and skylights that allow the sun to do it's part in aiding me with my work. I am solar powered so when weather permits, I am outside.

What are the most important lessons you have learned through creating art?

To constantly teach myself something new... and my strong personal conviction that there are no mistakes in art.

Do you ever get creative block? If so, how do you overcome it?

As far as getting creative block that would be impossible. My mind is a cross between an amusement park and constant vivid drippy colours that even smell as real as they seem. I paint everyday - no matter what.


What kind of creative routines or rituals do you have, if any?

I listen to music and work on 3 to 5 pieces at ones so it's kind of like a 3 ring circus!


What do you think art's role in society is today?

Reducing a technology driven society back to an organic place. Where politics and passion and believing in something are once again pivotal. Where words are void and colour is in motion. Stories can be told.

Where do you get your inspiration from/What inspires you?

Inspiration is pulled from every day surroundings, industrial metals, flecks of nostalgia found in shows like Mad Men, high end fashion, retro cars, what others view as "ugly" I find a true ringing beauty. My inspiration is pulled from the scent of a papaya candle, from the grit biting into my feet at the ocean's edge, life = inspiration.


Do you have a relationship with your artwork?

My relationship with my art is the same as your left arm with your right art, or fire and ice. It just is.



Is there anything else you would like to share about yourself and your art?

My art is available for sale all over the world.

Facebook Melissa Burch Artwork

_____________________________________________________________________________

Wow! Isn't Melissa's work incredible. The use of colour and texture is just to die for, a truly talented artist. I completely understand what she means about the relationship between your left and right arm being the same as the relationship she has with her art, I feel exactly the same. It's just an extension of your mind. 

Thanks to Melissa for sharing with us! Check out her Facebook page.

If you are interested in being interviewed for my blog email me ciaramcguireart@gmail.com anytime!

Take care
Ciara
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...