Thursday 12 December 2013

The Twelve Makes of Christmas Day 12 - Filled Cellophane Bow



I cannot believe that today is the day 12 and the last day of The Twelve Makes of Christmas!! I have to tell you, I have had a blast making all these different Christmas crafts and bringing them to you each day. And my studio and home are now both looking very festive I must admit.

To add to our collection I do have one more tutorial for you, and it is a super fun one too. Filled Cellophane Bows!

Supplies

Washi tape or Paper tape (I make my own with masking tape, stamps and paint)
A cellophane bag in any size you like
Sequins and glitter
Scissors


You can use Washi tape (sometimes called Paper tape) for this project but I like to make my own so that it is completely unique. It's really easy to make all you have to do is lay out some masking tape onto a non - stick surface such as plastic, stamp it with solvent ink and finally add colour. I used my watercolours.


Next, add a strip of tape to the closed side of the cellophane bag. Fold it over the edge so it is the same on both sides. Now you can start to fill the bag with sequins and glitter. 


Now add tape to the open side of the cellophane bag, ensure that it is completely sealed to prevent any of its contents spilling out. Shake the bag a little to distribute the sequins and glitter.


Pinch the cellophane bag in the middle and apply another strip of paper tape around the middle. Done!
I love how jazzy and unique these are. You can pop a foam sticker on the back and add it to a present or if you are feeling brave you could wear it as a brooch or hair clip! And you can fill it with whatever you like really, it doesn't have to be sequins and glitter. You could fill it with paper love heart, words or even mini chocolates or sweets. 


I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and the whole The Twelve Makes of Christmas experience. If you have given (or will be giving) any of these tutorials a go please let me know, send me a photo, leave a comment, whatever you prefer. I'd LOVE to hear from you.

Thanks so much for reading everyday
You can see the rest of The Twelve Makes of Christmas here:


Take care
Ciara
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...