Tuesday 19 November 2013

Sheffield Christmas Lights Craft Fair

Hi friends! 
I've had a busy weekend at the Sheffield Christmas Craft Fair. The market ran for 3 days, Friday to Sunday and it was a great success. I was selling a range of my mixed media canvases, handmade greeting cards, gift tags, bookmarks, printed greeting cards and Christmas decorations.

The gift tags were very popular which came as a bit of a surprise as they were kind of an after thought for me. I hadn't originally intended on creating and selling gift tags but when I seen the little teeny cards in the shop I thought they were just too cute to leave there and I knew I could do something with them. I never expected them to be so popular though! You can just never tell can you?

I wrapped some of my bookcase canvases up in cellophane wrap and tied it with jute twine. They looked really beautiful like this and it made them into a little "ready-made present" if you like...
Here I am all wrapped up. It was FREEZING! Who knew that standing around in the cold for 3 days could take it out of you so much?? I'll bring a hat the next time I think lol.

What do you think of the set up? I decided to go for an all white background to display my work because I thought it gave the colours a chance to really pop. Also, the bookcase was great at giving the table height and interest. And don't forget my little tree!! It lights up!!!! Lol, I am over the moon about that tree, I used it to hang the polymer clay Christmas decoration on. I haven't decided yet whether to leave them plain white or to paint some of them. I have to be honest and say that they weren't very popular. A lot of people stopped and looked at them but not as many purchases on them as I had expected. I am wondering if it might be because they aren't so colourful..... Do you think? Leave a comment and let me know. I'd appreciate it :)

I had so much fun last weekend and the lady who was selling beside me (gorgeous handmade jewellery and gemstones) was really sweet and friendly and we got on great for the whole weekend. We helped each other out, watched each others stalls if we needed to pop out etc. It makes a huge difference when the sellers beside you are friendly and nice.

I am doing it all again this weekend at Whirlow Farm Christmas Fayre. It is a two day event and apparently we are going to be in the Cow Barn! Lol! I doubt there will be any cows in there with us though. I'm a little disappointed about that actually lol!!

I'd love for you to leave a comment and let me know what you think about my stall, my set up, my products or anything else. I love feedback.

You can find out all the events that I will be selling at this Christmas on my website here.

Have a great Tuesday and I urge you to do something creative if you can!

Take care
Ciara
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...