Thursday 15 August 2013

Completed Canvas + Thursday Treasury

Good morning lovelies! How are you all this beautiful morning?
I have finished the positivity canvas that I was working on for our living room and as promised I have some pictures to share with you.




As you can see I created a full collage using just positive words that I clipped out of magazines. It took a bit of work to get all the words to fit in right, there was some overlapping and adjustments that had to be made along the way but eventually I got a fit that I worked well. I used my home made Mod Podge to adhere the paper to canvas (as I do with most of my work) but on reflection I should have used a drier glue to stick the works to the canvas first, such as spray glue or maybe even Pritt Stick would have worked, and then I could have gone over the entire thing with the Mod Podge as this would have prevented the wrinkling and bubbling that I got on some of the paper. But hey, I'm happy with how it turned out. It's just for me anyway and I know that most of the time, the way art turns out is never a mistake or accident, it is exactly how it was meant to be. So it is not proudly displayed on out living room wall, above our sofa where I can see it every day and get a blast of positivity from it! Such a blessing.

Also...... 
It's Thursday, which means it's Thursday Treasury time. Did you think I had forgotten?! 
In keeping with the theme of today (and everyday from now on!) this weeks treasury is inspired by positivity



You can find out all you need to know about this treasury including sellers details here.

As I said before, it's obvious where the inspiration for this treasury came from this week. I sort of did the whole this backwards this week didn't I? Change is good though.

As always I hope you are inspired by this week's treasury and get creating. I particularly like the 'affirmation tiles', the minute I seen them I could feel the inspiration sparks flying lol! 
If you do get creative on the back of this treasury, or for any reason really I'd love to see what you come up with so feel free to send me photos or link me to a blog or social page of yours.

Have a great day!

Ciara
xoxo 





1 comment:

  1. Love the canvas, looks great! Thanks for sharing the final outcome! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...