Friday 26 July 2013

Thursday Treasury {On Friday}


Hello my sweet friends

How are you all today? Can I tell you how I am? Tired. 
Oh what a night/morning I had on Wednesday/Thursday. I'll tell you what the story is. Some of you may already know that I am home in Ireland as we speak for a holiday, spending time with family + friends and having a much needed retreat from the daily routine. I might even be holding a bit of an impromptu art class at my Mam's house for some friends for fun, but that is another blog post. Anyway, Wednesday night (or should I say Thursday morning. 3am to be exact) myself and himself sailed on the ferry across from the U.K. to Rosslare after driving all night to get to it in the first place. Boy oh boy, let's just say it was an experience. I have only ever been on the fast ferry before which only takes 2.5 hours but this one is slower, it took 4 hours to cross. Well, guess what, I am a prone to sea sickness. Nice to know isn't it? Just a pity I had to find out the hard way. And on top of that, it seemed like everyone on the ship was fast asleep except for me. I couldn't get comfortable on the hard floor, I was chilly from the draft coming in and with my tummy feeling like a washing machine it just wasn't going to happen. So, basically long story short, after that traumatic experience lol, I didn't have a whole lot of energy to even keep my eyes open long never mind sit down to write a blog post so apologise for it being today instead of yesterday. Hope you weren't too disappointed but no need cause I have the treasury here for you today.



This week's theme is words + letters. I have hand-picked some items that display interesting typography, charming quotes and well designed monograms. Sometimes inspiration just needs to be spelled out!
You can find out more about this treasury, including the seller's + items here

I found this colourful, embellished monogram on Pinterest and it inspired me to create this treasury from it.
DIY: Button Monogram    This is what I used to make the "N" in my room :)

I think it's a really clever and cute project and it would look great it a child's bedroom or on the front of a greeting card. Of course you could always spell out a name or a word using this technique, a separate canvas for each letter. Actually I think that would be really unique. Oooh I'm feeling inspired right now!! I know I'm supposed to be on holidays but I might just have to crack out the glue gun and some buttons (yes I did bring more art supplies than clothes on holiday with me and yes I realise I'm a little crazy) 

Anyway this is just a quick blog post on this week's treasury and also a little about my recent travel ordeal lol! I hope you enjoyed it. Let me know if you get creating on foot of this treasury and why not share your projects with me, I'd love to see what you come up with! I am gonna go and chill out now, do a bit of relaxing, after all I am on HOLIDAYS, YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! :)

Take care

Ciara
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...