Friday 28 June 2013

Life Lately

Hi everyone!

This has been a good week in my little art world + so I want to share a little bit of what I have been up.

Firstly, I added some new canvases to my Etsy shop, which you may have already read about in my last post {you can click here to read it}


A great thing that happened this week was that I got featured on Jennibellie Studio Blog on her Tell All Tuesday spot. Every Tuesday, Jennibellie interviews an artist about how they work, what problems they face, how they solve these problems, how do they keep inspired and a bunch of other questions that make for interesting reading and this week my interview was posted! I have gained some new fans and followers because of this interview and so I would like to take this time to thank Jennibellie for the opportunity. I had a lot of fun doing it! :)



I think the most exciting development on Ciara McGuire Designs this week is that I now offer advertisement spots. That's right people, I am now open for sponsorship! I am currently offering two types of ad spots, a large which costs $30 and a medium which costs $15. To find out more you can click here or on the 'advertise' tab and it will bring you to a page that explains it all in more detail. As you will see, the prices are displayed in dollars, this is because the website I am using to enable the ad feature on my page only shows the price in dollars unfortunately but be assured that this is not a problem for anyone who wants to purchase an ad because the currency converts straight away. I can vouch for this because I have actually bought one of these ads on another blog this week. So don't worry, it's all good!


I finished a commission canvas I was working on this week and it went really well, the buyer was over the moon with it. She said it was perfect and exactly what she wanted. I was thrilled because she wasn't very specific about what she wanted {which is great in some ways because I had a lot of freedom} and so I had to just hope she was happy with what I came up with. And she was! Woohoo! 
Silly me though, because of all the excitement of her coming around to collect it, I completely forgot to take photos of it. I had to steal this one from her Facebook page! I'm sure she won't mind.... 

I am always open for commissions, even if it is just something as simple as "I just want a canvas with this quote on it" or "I just want a canvas with a flower on it". You don't have to come up with all the ins and outs of it if that feels like too daunting a task, that's my job ;) 
I'll be starting to take some orders for Christmas soon {omg Christmas?!} and so it might be an idea for you to think about what you want + put in any orders you have because I'll only be able to take a limited amount.
I don't want to disappoint anyone.

This weekend will probably be fairly chilled, I'm getting over a cold/chest infection {another one, can you believe it?} and I have a bit of work to catch up on too. I ordered some goodies, some art supplies, and hopefully they will arrive over the weekend but I suspect it will be Monday but when they do I will have some fun playing with those and I might do a blog post on those.
Other than that the weekend will, I suspect, be spent watching movies and eating yummy food with Himself, cause we don't get to spend much time together during the week. 

I hope you enjoyed this post, thanks for letting me share what's been going on with me lately. As always, feel free to leave a comment or any questions you may have below.

Take care

Ciara
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...