Tuesday 7 May 2013

Mixed Media Canvas: Life Is A Journey


Hi everyone!
Here is my latest canvas "Life is A Journey".  I really enjoyed creating this piece, especially the patch work effect on the heart.

Like most of my artwork I started by covering the canvas in various different papers and then proceeded to add paint, stamps, alcohol ink, trim, fabric, doodling etc. The usual suspects!



For the main focus of the canvas, I created a "patchwork" style heart using scraps of patterned paper (another good use for scraps for anyone who is following the Waste Paper Bin Challenge)
I gave the heart wings by using a paper doily painted black and embossed with glittered embossing powder.

I then added the phrase "Life is A Journey" and sealed the whole canvas with gloss medium.

List of supplies:
  • Hanoverian Linen Paper Pack by V&A
  • Book paper
  • White tissue paper
  • "Jamaican Sea" acrylic paint by Americana
  • "Burnt Orange" acrylic paint by Americana
  • "Antique White" crafter's acrylic paint by DecoArt
  • Non branded green acrylic paint
  • Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink in "Mountain Rose"
  • Staz On Ink in Black
  • Tinsel Embossing Powder in "Bridal" by Papermania
  • Background stamp from Fiskar
  • Homemade stamps
  • Paper doily
  • Trim From my stash
  • Scraps of paper from my stash
  • Acrylic Artists Ink in Black 028
  • Typewriter stamps by Hobbycraft
  • Fine tip Sharpie marker in Black
  • Gloss Medium by Winsor & Newton

So, there you go, I hope you like it!

If you have any questions or would like more information on the supplies or techniques I used for this project do not hesitate to leave a comment below or by email.

I hope you all are having a beautiful + creative day

Ciara
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...